7 Apps to download and use when in Athens 2021
If it is your first time in Athens or you are planning to travel for the 10th time, these 7 apps can make your stay hassle-free. From ordering delicious food right at your door to getting to your preferred destination, these 7 apps are the most popular in the Greek capital.
It is worth mentioning that although there are significant changes in the digitalisation of services, there is still a lot of space for improvement.
- This Delivery meal app is really easy to use. Available both in Greek and English. To use it you just have to enter your address and choose one restaurant from the local options available on the platform. There you can find anything from fast food to traditional dishes. It also offers 4 payment options. You can either pay by Cash, Card, PayPal, or Apple pay.
- Wolt is an app created by a Finnish technology company. It can be used in 100+ cities around the world and allows you to order food, groceries, and anything else you might need to be delivered. Overall, very practical and quite popular in Greece.
- This app can be quite useful for anyone that visits Athens Airport for the very first time. It can help you find your way from and to the airport. Plus it gives you access to a lot of information such as flight arrival and departure times, parking spaces and cost, shops located in the Airport and other details that can help you familiarise yourself with this space.
- The yellow cab services in Athens are easy to find and quite affordable. However, this app makes ordering a ride service even easier. It calculates the amount you need to pay when you enter your destination. Extra bonus, the fact that you can choose to pay by cash or card.
- This is a real-time public transport and journey planner app. It offers all local transit options in one platform. Moovit was founded as a startup in Israel in 2012. Currently, it has over 800 million users and operates in 100 countries. Please note that actual bus arrivals may vary from bus schedules.
- Unfortunately, this app is can be used only if you own a personalised Ath.ena card. It allows you to top up your public transport card (Ath.ena card) or add multiple tickets to it. In order to get one, you need to go through this painful process. Getting an anonymous Ath.ena card from a designated counter or printing the rechargeable tickets available in every ticket machine is probably a better solution for now.
- This app is great if you are planning an escape to one of the Greek Islands. It’s really easy to use. You just need to choose the island you wish to go to and the best ferry option for you. It allows you to add discounts and choose seats. Making purchasing tickets painless and trouble-free.
For suggestions, corrections, or any other inquiries please fill in this contact form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org